Description du poste
Reporting to the Director – Automation and Robotic, the chosen person will be responsible for developing automated equipment for the introduction of new products in the plant and respecting the timelines and costs during the design, fabrication and production phases. The person will also be responsible for managing and leading the implementation of robotic equipment. Supporting all departments in continuous improvement is also part of the mandate.
- Bachelor of engineer in the field of electrical or mechanical engineering;
- 2 to 5 year experience;
- Autonomous, the chosen person stands out from his sense of priority, planning, and rigor;
- Has experienced in project management;
- Is able to work in a manufacturing environment;
- Is able to work as a team;
- Having experience in blow molding or injection molding is preferred but not required;
- Has knowledge of product design and APQP processes;
- Understands and can do basic work in a CAD software like SolidWorks;
- Experience in the automotive market is a plus;
- The ability to speak French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Develop new automated/robotic assembly equipment for the manufacturing of new automotive products;
- Perform a risk analysis on each new equipment or any upgrade to existing equipment in order to maintain safety and manufacturing standards;
- Program and design robotic cells;
- Participate in the launch of new products;
- Manage the timelines and cost of projects during the design, manufacturing and production phases;
- Build financial risk and feasibility analysis on projects;
- Perform validation testing on equipment;
- Technically support different department in the plant;
- Improve the efficiency and reliability of existing equipment;
- Lead technical meetings about design, trainings and problem resolution activities with different internal and external teams;
- Communicate, negotiate and follow-up with external suppliers.