If you haven’t been able to find a suitable job opening, but would still like to apply, please send us your application using the form on the left. We look forward to receiving your application and will reply as soon as possible.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
•Must gain and maintain a complete understanding of all production related jobs and tasks which you may be instructed to perform by your supervisor.
•Must work in a safe, responsible manner at all times to protect yourself and co-workers. Must wear company provided personal protective equipment.
•Must maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with organization’s attendance policy.
•Must abide by all of the organization’s work rules, policies and procedures.
•Must insure all secondary fixtures are clean prior to storage and tag any defects on fixture.
•Responsible for housekeeping and a clean, organized work environment guided by the principals provided by 5S+1.
•Must respect safety power lockout procedure.
•Must maintain a positive attitude and be courteous to all employees.
•Promote a culture of continuous improvement opportunities using the tools within the TLBO operating system.
•Responsible for reporting accurate production information in Plex. Inform team leader or supervisor of any part out of specifications, or Plex issues.
Apply in person at Exo-s, 25 Concept Drive, Coldwater, Michigan, 49036
PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMNETS OF THE JOB:
• Analyzes and repairs all manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to, plastic blow molding, injection molding, and ancillary equipment
• Understands and performs processes on machines to ensure machine efficiencies
• Utilizes root cause analysis to determine and correct machine issues
• Performs basic problem solving using the understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and blueprints
• Teaches and transfers knowledge of mechanical aptitude to others
• Promotes safety in the workplace by assuring all electrical and mechanical guards and other safety devices are working and in place
• Promotes quality manufacturing by ensuring all quality testing and inspections are completed
• Completes all assigned PM’s and work orders
• Maintain 5s+1 in work area
This position is a 12 hour shift with a work schedule of 3/2/2/3.
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Knowledge in electrical, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and/or reading blueprints required
• Must be able to operate, understand, and transfer knowledge of all machinery and equipment
• Strong reading, mathematical, and communication skills required
• Lock Out/Tag Out certification required
• Welding experience preferred
• Certification on all Powered Industrial Equipment (PIE) from company will be required
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
GENERAL SUMMARY Responsibility to function as a Machine Operator: Ensure that the employee handbook is being followed; follow all TS 16949 and ISO 14001 Instructions. Ensures adherence to PPE policy and 5s principles. Gain and maintain a complete understanding of all production related jobs, production requirements, standard work, and other tasks which may be instructed to perform by your supervisor or team leader. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMNETS OF THE JOB
•Ensures the use of safe procedures and standard work
•Ensure all equipment and machinery is operational and in good working order
•Understand lockout tag out location on machines and grinders
•Review and communicate quality alerts/customer concerns to team
•Take weight and require documentation for support staff that adjust process
•Perform visual check to verify label matches contents
•Communicate with outgoing/incoming team member all activities that involved the workcenter area
•Review proper work methods and standard work, adhere to touch point inspections
•Review and understand Plex operations, recording production and entering rejects
•Understand escalation process and call lights for help in timely manner
•Monitor part quality, labeling, and part weight
•Ensure correct packaging is used according to Plex
•Ensure all components, including defective, are properly labeled
•Monitor and encourage safe work practices
•Promote and encourage a clean and organized work environment guided by the 5s principles
Job Type: Full-time
EDUCATION / SKILLS / Experience
•Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedures manual
•Preferred basic computer skills
•Team player / good attitude
•Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
•Must be able to physically perform the basic life operation functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion. Must posses the visual alertness to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades, tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Exo-s announces the purchased of a blow and injection molder from the Serbre Group in San Juan del Rio, Queretaro, Mexico.
Exo-s has completed its Coldwater, Michigan blow molding facility expansion. The investment of $4M includes a 27,500 square feet addition, a 75lb blow molding machine for large parts and a 5 axis trimming robot for complex blow molded shapes.
Exo-s US, LLC, a supplier of injection and blow molded thermoplastic systems, announced plans today to relocate its operations from Three Rivers and Centreville, Michigan to Howe, creating up to 250 new jobs by 2016.