If you haven’t been able to find a suitable job opening, but would still like to apply, please send us your application using the form on the left. We look forward to receiving your application and will reply as soon as possible.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
•Must gain and maintain a complete understanding of all production related jobs and tasks which you may be instructed to perform by your supervisor.
•Must work in a safe, responsible manner at all times to protect yourself and co-workers. Must wear company provided personal protective equipment.
•Must maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with organization’s attendance policy.
•Must abide by all of the organization’s work rules, policies and procedures.
•Must insure all secondary fixtures are clean prior to storage and tag any defects on fixture.
•Responsible for housekeeping and a clean, organized work environment guided by the principals provided by 5S+1.
•Must respect safety power lockout procedure.
•Must maintain a positive attitude and be courteous to all employees.
•Promote a culture of continuous improvement opportunities using the tools within the TLBO operating system.
•Responsible for reporting accurate production information in Plex. Inform team leader or supervisor of any part out of specifications, or Plex issues.
Apply in person at Exo-s, 25 Concept Drive, Coldwater, Michigan, 49036
PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMNETS OF THE JOB:
• Analyzes and repairs all manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to, plastic blow molding, injection molding, and ancillary equipment
• Understands and performs processes on machines to ensure machine efficiencies
• Utilizes root cause analysis to determine and correct machine issues
• Performs basic problem solving using the understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and blueprints
• Teaches and transfers knowledge of mechanical aptitude to others
• Promotes safety in the workplace by assuring all electrical and mechanical guards and other safety devices are working and in place
• Promotes quality manufacturing by ensuring all quality testing and inspections are completed
• Completes all assigned PM’s and work orders
• Maintain 5s+1 in work area
This position is a 12 hour shift with a work schedule of 3/2/2/3.
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Knowledge in electrical, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and/or reading blueprints required
• Must be able to operate, understand, and transfer knowledge of all machinery and equipment
• Strong reading, mathematical, and communication skills required
• Lock Out/Tag Out certification required
• Welding experience preferred
• Certification on all Powered Industrial Equipment (PIE) from company will be required
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
OPEN POSITION: Injection Process Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Howe, the Injection Process Specialist’s purpose is to develop and integrate new injection manufacturing processes and improve and optimize the production of all injected molded parts. Will participate in the development of the process technician and build molding standards and best practices.
More specifically, the person will be expected to:
• Develop and lead the implementation of new manufacturing equipment and processes to improve the production of new and current products;
• Build and maintain standards for injection molding equipment;
• Analyze and propose to various stakeholders ways to reduce the cycle time, optimize personnel, standardize work processes and improve the ergonomics of workstations;
• Propose and lead cost reduction projects;
• Participate in the design of new products;
• Assist the maintenance department in the creation of preventive maintenance activities for injection molding equipment.
• Technically support the production and maintenance team in the improvement of existing injection molding equipment.
• Provide training to production employees and support staff;
• Actively participate in H&S committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Technical degree in fields related to injection molding; other fields will be considered;
• Able to perform tool changes.
• 5 to 10 years of pertinent experience in manufacturing environment;
• Expertise in the processing and maintenance of injection molding machines and molds;
• Good knowledge of lean working environment;
• At ease with MS Office tools;
• Dynamic, autonomous, rigorous and good organization skills;
• Communicates easily with colleagues and good listening skills;
• Knowledge and application of Lean and Six Sigma Tools is a plus;
• Knowledge of product development process (APQP) is a plus;
• Project Management knowledge a plus.
•Set up and operate Fadal and Haas VF2 series 3 axis CNC Machines
•Ability to work on multiple machines simultaneously
•Inspection of parts during production to maintain quality throughout the run
•Knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation
•Setting tools and editing programs
•Ability to work with minimal supervision
•Employ knowledge of machine controls, program codes, fixtures and tool offsets, and CNC systems
•Troubleshoot minor issues
•Deburr parts as needed
•Perform other related tasks including but not limited to performing housekeeping tasks required to keep the work area safe, clean and organized
GENERAL SUMMARY Responsibility to function as a Machine Operator: Ensure that the employee handbook is being followed; follow all TS 16949 and ISO 14001 Instructions. Ensures adherence to PPE policy and 5s principles. Gain and maintain a complete understanding of all production related jobs, production requirements, standard work, and other tasks which may be instructed to perform by your supervisor or team leader. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. PRINCIPLE DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL ELEMNETS OF THE JOB
•Ensures the use of safe procedures and standard work
•Ensure all equipment and machinery is operational and in good working order
•Understand lockout tag out location on machines and grinders
•Review and communicate quality alerts/customer concerns to team
•Take weight and require documentation for support staff that adjust process
•Perform visual check to verify label matches contents
•Communicate with outgoing/incoming team member all activities that involved the workcenter area
•Review proper work methods and standard work, adhere to touch point inspections
•Review and understand Plex operations, recording production and entering rejects
•Understand escalation process and call lights for help in timely manner
•Monitor part quality, labeling, and part weight
•Ensure correct packaging is used according to Plex
•Ensure all components, including defective, are properly labeled
•Monitor and encourage safe work practices
•Promote and encourage a clean and organized work environment guided by the 5s principles
Job Type: Full-time
EDUCATION / SKILLS / Experience
•Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedures manual
•Preferred basic computer skills
•Team player / good attitude
•Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
•Must be able to physically perform the basic life operation functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion. Must posses the visual alertness to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades, tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
OPEN POSITION:Systems Business Analyst – Level 1
LOCATION: Canada, USA or Mexico
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
As a member or the Information Systems and Technology Team and reporting to the Lean and Systems Integration Manager, the Systems Business Analyst will provide direct support and assistance with administering the corporate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Information Technology systems throughout the organization. Acting as a partner with all the business units, the Systems Business Analyst will have the primary responsibility to ensure support to users within our various sites (Canada, USA, Mexico), performing a variety of technical and analytical services, all following best practices. In addition, this individual will assist in business process evaluation, challenging the status quo to identify process improvements.
Specifically, the person sought will be called to:
• Provide direct support, both locally and remotely, for ERP system requests
• Work with users and manager to determine appropriate system configuration
• Investigate, identify, research, test, and implement resolutions
• Design, develop, test and deploy solutions to enhance ERP systems and business processes
• Support EDI requests
• Develop and modify labels
• Maintain request systems
• Participate in projects
• Demonstrate a continuous improvement work ethic, striving for best practice integration
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Management Information Systems or related preferred
• 2 years of related experience
• Knowledge of various business processes
• Strong understanding of integrated systems
• Proficient knowledge of Plex is an asset
• Knowledge of SQL code
• Experience with Business Intelligence applications
• Experience is identifying use of, and applying lean principles
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and Office 365
• Strong analytical, problem solving, business process and multi-tasking skills; with a high attention to detail
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate to all organizational levels
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Ability to travel between sites periodically, both domestic and international
• Knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset
No traffic jam, nor metro breakdown. Less mosquitos than up north, the Eastern Townships are the best of both worlds: close to the city and all services, in less than 2 minutes you are either in the mountains or by the water. If you are interested in this balanced lifestyle … keep on reading.
• You prefer teamwork and are recognized for your entrepreneur sense and integrity;
• You are looking for a job where fast progress is possible without compromising on the pleasure;
• What motivates you: meet challenges, do projects, start and implement optimal and efficient ways of doing things;
• Of a more generalist nature than a specialist, you are a leader with a clear and precise style;
• You enjoy knowing the goals and of course being recognized for their achievement?
• You are known for your ease to manage the overall situation while being able to delegate and ensure a good follow-up;
• You are said to be demanding and ambitious;
• You like working in an environment where quick decision-making is required;
• Loving frank and forthright communication you are looking for space for initiative and problem solving.
Since you are the ideal candidate for this position, you will be called upon to:
• Participate in the preparation and analysis of Financial Statements on a monthly basis;
• Conduct monthly analysis of balance sheet;
• Ensure accurate intercompany transactions and maintain adequate documentation on transfer pricing policies;
• Assess financial risks, prepare financial forecasts an make recommendations;
• Plan short and long term cashflows and assess the effectiveness of the hedging policy;
• Prepare documents for the Audit Committee;
• Do research on complex accounting issues (ASPE);
• Participate in the preparation of the annual budget;
• Participate in the preparation of the annual external audit of the Financial Statements;
• Manage the requirements of the Canadian and US tax authorities;
• Manage a small team of employees.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, here are the skills and abilities we are looking for:
• CPA designation required;
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience;
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment, an asset;
• Bilingualism – both verbal and in writing (knowledge of Spanish an asset);
• Available for occasional trips (2-3 times / year);
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong computer skills (Office) and experience with an ERP is considered an asset.
Exo-s announces the purchased of a blow and injection molder from the Serbre Group in San Juan del Rio, Queretaro, Mexico.
Exo-s has completed its Coldwater, Michigan blow molding facility expansion. The investment of $4M includes a 27,500 square feet addition, a 75lb blow molding machine for large parts and a 5 axis trimming robot for complex blow molded shapes.
Exo-s US, LLC, a supplier of injection and blow molded thermoplastic systems, announced plans today to relocate its operations from Three Rivers and Centreville, Michigan to Howe, creating up to 250 new jobs by 2016.