The machine operator ensures that the employee handbook is being followed; follow all TS 16949 and ISO 14001 Instructions. He ensures adherence to PPE policy and 5s principles. He gains and maintains a complete understanding of all production related jobs, production requirements, standard work, and other tasks which may be instructed to perform by his supervisor or team leader. He contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest and is able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedures manual;
- Preferred basic computer skills;
- Team player/good attitude;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operation functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
Must possess the visual alertness to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades, tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Principle duties, responsibilities and essential elements of the job:
- Ensures the use of safe procedures and standard work;
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is operational and in good working order;
- Understand lockout tag out location on machines and grinders;
- Quality/Customer Focus;
- Review and communicate quality alerts/customer concerns to team;
- Take weight and require documentation for support staff that adjust process;
- Perform visual check to verify label matches contents;
- Daily Routine;
- Communicate with outgoing/incoming team member all activities that involved the workcenter area;
- Review proper work methods and standard work, adhere to touch point inspections;
- Review and understand Plex operations, recording production and entering rejects;
- Understand escalation process and call lights for help in timely manner;
- Monitor part quality, labeling, and part weight;
- Ensure correct packaging is used according to Plex;
- Ensure all components, including defective, are properly labeled;
- Monitor and encourage safe work practices;
- Promote and encourage a clean and organized work environment guided by the 5s principles.