Under the supervision of the Technical Services Manager, the Quote Technician will be responsible for supporting sales activities by coordinating quotes on time.
- Diploma of College Studies in engineering and/or administrative technology,
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience,
- Bilingual in both oral and written,
- Ability to plan, structure and manage pressure well,
- Excel savvy,
- Ease with various computer tools (MS Office, MRP, internet),
- Autonomous and proactive,
- Team player,
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships (internal and external communications),
- Tact, courtesy, and discretion,
- Manufacturing experience, Spanish proficient and expertise in plastics are assets.
- Coordinate and distribute the activities needed to complete quotes by working with different stakeholders (customers, sales team, program managers, department manager, etc.).
- Build bids using documents received from the client (annual volumes, weight of parts from CAD drawings, specific client requirements, etc.).
- Work with the assistance of the Technical Services Manager to complete the manufacturing vision of the bid.
- Request quotes for tooling and components.
- Have prices approved internally.
- Complete the customer quote in their respective forms.
- Send quotes to concerned customers on specific deadlines.
- Keep the quote tracking file up to date.
- Actively participate in improving the bidding process.
- Manage bid reviews and/or engineering changes and/or contract extensions.