Responsibility to function as a Process Technician: Ensure that the employee handbook is being followed; follow all IATF 16949 Instructions. Ensures adherence to PPE policy and 5s principles. Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principals of safety for self and others in daily activities. Ensures the use of safe procedures and standard work. Ensure all equipment and machinery is operational and in good working order. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Basic knowledge in electrical, electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Must be able to operate, understand, and transfer knowledge of all machinery and equipment
- Strong reading, mathematical, and communication skills required
- Lock Out/Tag Out certification required
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Must work within guidelines established by the Quality Control Department and customer requirements.
- Must maintain an open line of communication with all employees and other supervisor personnel
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record at or below the verbal warning stage of the organization’s attendance policy
- Required to solve production problems, make necessary equipment adjustments, and maintain machine cycles.
- Optimize machine cycle times by product
- Monitor and control product weight, product color and product part thickness
- Develop and document molding processes assuring their continuity
- Minimize molding defects through process improvements and the implementation of a formal corrective action process
- Meet or exceed continuous improvement goals and objectives
- Responsible for personnel safety
- Must follow cell layout per set-up book and product book
- Helps give breaks when necessary
- Must promote a positive attitude and be courteous to all employees
- Required to use certain computer programs and software such as PLEX.
- Utilizes root cause analysis to determine and correct machine issues
- Performs basic problem solving using the understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Teaches and transfers knowledge of mechanical aptitude to others
- Promotes safety in the workplace by assuring all electrical and mechanical guards and other safety devices are working and in place
- Promotes quality manufacturing by ensuring all quality testing and inspections are completed
- Maintain 5s+1 in work area
- Double check set up techs work before start up using check list
- Work with setup tech on startups to insure best training practices
- Document any changes to press in the process change log
- Run up heads, double check blow pins and grease guide pins at this time
- Fix any mold issues that occur during the production run