Responsibility to function as a Production Coordinator: Ensure that the employee handbook is being followed; follow all IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 Instructions. Ensures adherence to PPE policy and 5s principles. Ensure work instructions are being followed and employees are properly trained on products and advised of all changes. Ensures documentation on the floor is up to date and controlled. Motivating and mentoring team to support their ongoing development, striving to achieve targets set, and encourage processes to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- High school graduate, or general eduation degree (GED).
- 2 years experience in Quality Assurance with a strong understanding of geometric dimentions and teolerances.
- 5 years manufacturing experience with a strong continuous improvement or green belt experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, and procudeure manual.
- Preferred computer skills to include PLEX, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectiely present information in written form as well as verbal with interpersonal skills to communicate with and respond to team members, management, and customers.
- Team player / good attitude.
- Ability to work independantly as well as part of a team.
- New hire welcome and introductions.
- Transition meeting with incoming/outgoing support team.
- Assist Training for new hires/machine operators.
- Visual and written verification of operator competence.
- Support of any training initiatives including new processes, changed processes or identified lacks in experience on any given subject.
- Participate in corrective action with quality alerts.
- Actively participate in New Launch/Test and Sample Parts.
- Instruct team in proper work methods and standard work, monitor team quality, insure adherence to touch point inspections and packaging.
- Assumes the role of supervisor upon absence of shift supervisor, also fills in for vacationing supervisors on any shift when necessary.
- Change Over Coordination: Work with Set-Up to ensure our team members are participating in change-over preparation and start-up activities. Workcenter line clearance: components, documentation, etc.
- Understand problem solving and escalation process, gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Support and participate in improvements and initiatives.
- Communicate with outgoing/incoming team member all activities that involved the workcenter area.
- Review proper work methods and standard work, adhere to touch point inspections.
- Review and understand Plex operations, recording production and entering rejects, and correct package verification.
- Communicate and verify with material handlers when new boxes or containers are needed.
- Promote and encourage a clean and organized work environment guided by the 5s principles.